Small Business Accountant & Accounting In Auckland
Business Taxation & Accounting Compliance Services
GRA's Taxation Compliance Division prepares financial statements and taxation returns for many types of organisations.
Everything from large companies and small to medium sized businesses, to property-focused salaried employees investing in rental properties.
In fact, when it comes to property (in any form), we'll be managing annual accounting needs somewhere in our practice!
John Rowe leads GRA's Business & Tax Accounting Services Division. He and his team provide robust and clever solutions that keep clients coming back year after year.
Who might be our client?
GRA has a hugely broad range of clients including:
- Hundreds of property investors, ranging from waged and salaried employees with one or two rental properties, to larger property clients including developers and large dealers in property.
- Small to medium sized businesses, turning over from $5,000 up to our largest clients with $100m+ turnover. Most of our clients have turnovers between $50,000 and $10m - a typical distribution of Kiwi businesses.
What industries & sectors do we represent?
All sectors are represented at GRA. This means we can take lessons learned from other businesses and apply them to yours if appropriate. Of course we are careful not to disclose any information about our clients' businesses to any third party unless authorised to do so.
Sectors and industries represented by us include:
- ICT industry
- Importers & exporters
- Architects & draftsmen
- Anything property - we have it in the client base
- Professional services firms, including solicitors and financial services firms, architects and engineers
Other types of people, businesses and traders we represent include:
- Small investors
- Large investors
- Property traders
- Lease option investors
- Rent by the room investors
- Kiwis investing offshore
- Expats investing in NZ
- Rental property managers
- You name it in property, we manage the annual accounting needs for any type of business in our practice. We are property accounting and small to medium sized business specialists.
Business compliance: the GRA approach
Our approach in the Compliance Services Division is to:
- Meet you to review your needs, both for internal management accounting and to look at your year end compliance accounting services. Additionally, we consider your provisional tax requirements, GST and other tax types, and any special requirements you may have, to comprehensively (or partially) manage your taxation affairs.
- Provide a quotation for your accounting services to ensure you have certainty regarding exactly how much we are charging and for what.
- Write to your old accounting advisor to request transfer of your records, making the record transfer process easy and seamless for you.
- Manage your affairs carefully throughout the year, including collecting the records from you at year end, managing any GST requirements you may have, E-filing your taxation returns to speed up any taxation refunds, and filing all statutory and accounting returns with the relevant authorities on an ongoing basis.
Disputes and problems with IRD
Taxation problems can arise for many reasons. Whether it is a mistake made by you or an advisor to you, an unfair view being formed by IRD, or a serious issue arising from a perhaps shortsighted action on your part, the issue is the same. How do you solve the problem and make it go away so you can get back to focusing on core business...and get on with your life?
Our general approach to IRD problems is as follows:
- 1. Review your issue.
- 2. Form a view on your legal position - are IRD right?
- 3. Form a strategy to resolve the problem, whether it be to negotiate a settlement for you with IRD and try to minimise penalties, or fight for your position by instructing and running full litigation via a barrister of our recommendation to you.
- 4. Keep you informed throughout the process, and try to manage costs to a minimum.
Hi Salesh, I just wanted to send you an email on behalf of GRA so say how fantastic we have found your company to date. As you know, Ben and I joined GRA a couple of months ago and have just found you so amazingly helpful in getting our new property set up correctly and sorted out. We have what I would consider a rather complicated structure as a result and it’s a fantastic feeling to know that we are getting everything done in the best way possible. We have just had approval to put a minor dwelling on the property which will make a massive difference in terms of cash flow and obviously value, something we would never have even thought of without GRA and which we are very excited about. During the buying process we attended a seminar with Matthew and from the outset thought he was fab. We therein signed up for property school and found this nothing short of fantastic. The content was relevant, up to date and comprehensive, but more importantly it was taught in a way that we could actually understand and really get value out of. I’ve copied Janet into this email as she provided us her email address in the first class, another example of how personable you are and lovely to deal with. I wanted to mention also, that everybody GRA have recommended to us has been just so efficient and absolute masters at what they do. A wonderful network of people that we feel very lucky to now be able to call on. From Kris Pederson and Bryan Rist who put our mortgage together to the insurance guys they then referred us to, I’m super impressed. Within GRA, Ellery has probably turned things around for us faster than I’ve ever known before, something which we appreciated so very much when it came to crunch time. She’s always a pleasure to deal with and again, we’re stoked. We’ve just settled on the property today and are about to go and get the keys. I’m pretty pumped and hence this email is probably rather excitable. So, a massive thank you to you Salesh, the partners for such a fabulous 6 weeks at property school and everyone at GRA for their help. May this be the start of our property empire. Thanks again,
A & B - July 2015
Download free E-book
NEW ZEALAND TAX CALCULATOR
ASK THE EXPERTS
goGot a question or need help? Send us your details and we'll contact you.
We've got seminars and workshops for property investors, business owners and in fact anyone interested in protecting their wealth and reaching their money goals. View upcoming events
Business Services Blogs
Friday, March 28, 2014
Having got 2013's problems under control (as addressed in my previous blog), now is the time to make a plan for 2014 so it will be a year of reinvention and forward progress, rather than a repeat or worsening of the challenges of last year. ... Read Article
Post has no trackbacks.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Typically at the outset of a new new year, business owners focus on a fresh start, new beginnings and how they can make it better than the previous year. ... Read Article
Post has no trackbacks.
Thursday, November 21, 2013
In my day to day interaction with clients I meet a lot of small business owners who are in their infancy. They are busy marketing their new business, finding customers and practising their particular expertise. ... Read Article
Post has no trackbacks.
Tuesday, October 01, 2013
I regularly have discussions with clients about the difference between "profit" and "cash flow" as many clients have difficulty in differentiating between the two. ... Read Article
Post has no trackbacks.